Video from the March 14 CoRe Speaker Series: Collaborative Games and Conflict Styles with Amanda Semenoff and Deborah White.
I have a number of dates coming up where we get together to chat about the role of games in conflict resolution. If you are interested in the topic please check them out.
- CoRe Conflict Resolution Society Speaker Series, February 7th, 4:30-6:00. “Conflict Styles and Collaborative Games“, presented by Amanda Semenoff and Deborah White. Livestream available.
- People’s Law School, February 14th, Vancouver, BC. “Games and Other Tools for Intergenerational Conflict Prevention”, presented by Amanda Semenoff and Sharon Sutherland.
- Emerald City Comicon, March 2-5, 2017. Seattle, WA. Our panel is on Saturday, Mar. 4. Sharon, Mark, Emily, Amanda, Darsey and Taryn will speak about “Collaborative Tabletop Games for Conflict Prevention, Management, and Resolution”.
- NWDR Conference, March 24-25, 2017. Seattle, WA. Emily and Amanda will offer a lunch session on Mar. 25th on “Alternative Tools for Dispute Resolution: Exploring Collaborative Games”.
We are open to more dates if you want a speaker on these topics please get in touch!
Or check out what the rest of PignPotato is up to!
With the challenges, ups and downs of 2016 behind us I have been taking a bit of time to reflect on the past year and anticipate the new one. It helps that the cold snowy weather is encouraging quiet time and tea.
Looking forward I'm excited to
- build on the success of Zombie Fight or Flight kickstarter with PignPotato
- work towards a Restorative Justice initiative in New Westminster
- find new ways to practice mediation and conflict resolution
2016 taught me a lot about resiliency and adaptability. Hopefully I have learned those lessons well and can apply them moving forward! I've never been one for resolutions, they always seem somewhat punitive, but I do love a good theme. This year I am challenging myself to put more things in the world before they are perfect. I'll let you know how it goes.
The Zombie Fight or Flight Kickstarter campaign is going strong. Now over 50% funded with 1 week to go. The count down is on to find that extra support that will push us over the top and make this game a reality. If you've been thinking about supporting now is the time to do it.
We've been getting great feedback from a variety of places. Classroom gifts for teachers, stocking stuffers for teens and unique gifts for clients are today's reasons for support.
For more information about the Zombie Fight or Flight journey follow it at www.PignPotato.com
Or check out the kickstarter now
I will be in Victoria November 1 &2 with my Zombie Fight or Flight prototype deck.
Victoria Mediation Lounge is supporting a game night Nov. 1 with a few seats still open.
Collaborative Game Night @ Bard and Banker, Tuesday November 1 @6pm
Join in the discussion about collaborative games in DR, test out Zombie Fight or Flight and hear about my experiences so far with Kickstarter.
Unable to make it tomorrow, but want to see the game in person and have a chance to play? Get in touch and we'll see what we can arrange.